Thursday, November 15, 2007

T: Is for Technology










I was asked by "Real Simple" magazine to become part of an blog called "The Tech 25". If you log onto this website you will see (http://blography.com/technology/) It is a social experiment based on answering questions about what women are experiencing in the world, that as of late was reserved for men. Not only do you have to dig within yourself to answer the questions but you have to really think. I am telling you about this because this site is informative. You will learn how women from San Francisco, North Carolina, Chicago and NY think. We're from various backgrounds, levels of expertise and thought patterns. Most of us when we express our wishes not only ask for ourselves but for humanity as a whole. Right after I got this my PC computer died but thankfully I had just bought a macbook. In the process of this I have had to learn a completely different format as well as writing this column, The Tech 25 and a television screenplay based on Arthur Herzog's "Body Parts". To say that I have been writing no stop is no lie. Since Saturday I have managed a 5 hours a sleep a night. Considering I was just diagnosed with a thyroid that doesn't work and want to sleep all day, this has been no easy fete. I have now become a MAC lover and am dying for an i-phone, The technology is amazing. Now that I've learned how to do a few simple things I am ecstatic. For example spell check. With a MAC it underlines it you click twice and viola it's changed or it gives you suggestions no matter where you are writing. Pictures should stay better with this program and I can take pictures from right in front of me. Think it will be to hard or that you could never change from PC to MAC? Don't worry because MAC has free classes. Yes, you heard me. Everyday. You can also pay $99 and get one on one tutorials every week for a year. They will teach you website development, pod casting, how to edit a film, how to video for u-tube. The list is only as short as what you want to know. For me I will be in class for a year. How cool are these speakers? You can attach them to any MAC and surround a sound is yours. The price isn't bad either. MAC is also friendly, knowledgeable, open 24 hours a day at the 59th street store. Gotta love that! and cares. In a world where business seem to have forgotten who the customer is, its is nice to know their is a company out there that defies the rest and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: