Friday, November 30, 2007

S: Is for social graces

A couple of weeks ago I was standing at a bus stop in front of a restaurant near my house and a Black Jaguar pulled into the bus lane, got on his cell phone, had the waitress come out, take his order and he proceeded to wait, until his order was ready. If that weren't enough he then handed her a credit card and she then had to go inside and bring it out for him to sign and he left. They're were seven other people waiting for the bus with me. Because of his self entitlement all seven of us missed our bus and had to wait as the bus who had no where to land, passed by. Being the big mouth that I am I went over to him and asked how could he be so rude. His response was I can, I'm rich and I just got away with it.

A day later on 5th Avenue in front of high end jewelry store another black expensive car did the same thing. Parked it's sleek body without regard to anyone else. A black hip hop artist got out and went shopping and left the car. The bus came a little annoyed and honked but like I said no one was there. It was rush hour and the bus had a hard time getting out of his lane into the oncoming traffic lane and 20 minuets later arrived 25 feet to the array of waiting commuters. By this time the hip hop artist came out. The bus driver who was pissed confronted him as the irate artist screamed don't you know who I am. I make more money in a day than you make in a year. He got in his car, almost caused an accident as he pulled without concern into the on-coming traffic.

The tree is up. The stagehands went back to work and the city is like a big parking lot. Coming back from an event I was on 6th when this black Chevrolet suburban rudely without care for the line that had formed, parked his entitled large expanse in the bus stop as he was talking on his cell. New Jersey license plate # WFW 29K. I add this # because the police were there in the parking lot of what was a street and I went over to them and asked why if a car is parked legally do they harass them with random ticket searches when here in front of their faces was an outright example of breaking the law. I mean the ticket is three times the size. The policeman's answer: "that's traffic's job". A total of six police cars witness this affront to the New Yorkers who watched this with disgust. Finally a police car did question the owner. He handed them money and they left as I watched a crime happen. I went to the car and he was completely pompous and when he left he flipped off those of us watching and missing our bus.

I plan on turning this man and his license # into the authorities to see what will happen. I will keep you abreast of this. It's Christmas and New York has had a population explosion. We need to remember this is the season of Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards Men and act accordingly and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: