Wednesday, November 28, 2007

C: Is for comforts of tea or how to end up in Nirvana




For days I have been talking about wanting to get semi permeant make-up. Three summers ago in Provincetown my friend Christina did it for me and I was in seventh heaven. There is nothing like waking up looking youthful refreshed and just plain good. Across my desk came an invitation for a new spa. The White Tea Spa is located at 104 West 14th Street 2nd Floor. When you first get to the door you think what have I gotten myself into and then you reach the 2nd floor. A Friendly and welcoming staff member ushers you into the inner sanctum, dimly lit with glowing candles. Relaxing music is faintly noticeable as wiffs of lavender gently nestle you into a calming bliss. Although the place is small, it is comfortable and for those who are sensitive to a healers energy you know you have hit the mother load. It's almost as if the stress of the moment, the hour, the day releases it's hold and nurtures you safely to a caring womb and you sigh in relief. White Tea is known for its healing properties as it is loaded with antioxidents. The menu is quite extensive. Facials, massages, package deals and you guessed it semi-permeant make-up. When I walked in the door co-owner Anandy Hazoury offered me a tour and the handywork of the talented Verika Seddik. Verika, trained by her mentor Fabrice Condemni, is truly and artist. As I mentioned I had been through semi-permeant make-up before so I knew some of the procedures. First of all it is done with a needle. I have a terrible fear of needles but I also have a total longing to be the best that I can be, which always wins over. Verika was gentle, soothing and healing as she calmly explained everything. Someone once said we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Not only was it a joy to look good but it was refreshing to be the canvas to such a wonderful artist. I can not wait to go back for more. I researched Sandra Mendez the other owner and the result was client after client claimed her massages were incredible and the best they'd ever had. I can tell you from meeting her she is a healer with an aura of light. For that matter the whole spa is like a vortex of energy ready to calm a much stressed planet. The staff sets out an English tea ceremony everyday, complete with fabulous green and white tea. It is said that tea nourishes the soul and The White Tea Spa certainly nourished mine and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: