Friday, December 26, 2008

S: Is for Sleep

The Christmas season is a time of sheer and utter exhaustion. This season I spent twenty days out in the freezing elements. Four days deadly sick with the stomach flu and I still managed to write for three publications, shop for gifts, send cards, bake cookies and eat my fill. Last night my body gave out. Why do we put ourselves through this fast grinding pace, this olympics of bodily endurance? For the love of the season, thats why! Christmas despite this is still my most favorite time of the year. This year we got snow. Despite the economic melt down store still decorated, trees were still adorned and love and good will still filled the air. It is a time we step out side ourselves and give to others, even when we know it will put a strain on our budget. I spent yesterday cleaning my room and clearing out my closet to give to those who don't have as much. It helps me start the new year fresh and spread the love even further. Last night after a filling meal I crashed until this afternoon. Now it is time to give to myself. We forget that during this season. It is not a selfish kind of thought but one of the simplest and most forgotten. For if we do not give to ourselves we are of no use to others and that is a F.A.C.T.

So like the saying goes and to all a good night!

No comments: