Wednesday, May 28, 2008

C: Is for cosmetics that go the distance!

I was working on the set of Kings a new TV series so I apologize as I am a little late. Last week I went to the cosmetics show and discovered a few interesting products that have captured not only my attention but space in my medicine cabinet. The first product I'd like to highlight is an innovation that fundamentally changes the way eye shadow can be used. ColorOn is a press-on eye shadow that takes the guess work out of how to apply, that perfect enhancement to your eyes. Applying traditional eye shadow requires a skill, which I sadly regret I lack. Matching colors and blending them into the right combination is a talent. How many times have you had an eye shadow open and spill leaving a mess that has even the calmest of people screaming and swearing in frustration? This is a new press-on eye shadow that allows instant professionally created designs without applicators or mess. Each single-use kit is applied to the eyelid using a preprepared strip that contains a variety of matched and blended colours. Pressing the strip to the eyelid transfers the colors onto the eyelid in just the right shades, creating a look much like one a professional make-up artist might have created. ColorOn is available in a variety of color schemes and is priced at $18 for a set of 5, or $30 for a pack of 10. Eight color schemes are available including animal prints, with zebra and leopard designs. These products are available through select retailers or directly online. Log onto www.coloronpro.com to see more. I wish to God I had had this on for the past couple of days as this product lasts and I have been filming 12 hour days.

The next two products come from Make-Up For Ever Professionals. The first is Super Lip Gloss which models claim they can't do without. Packaged in a transparent mini tube that's perfect for slipping into your pocket or handbag. The highlights are it is waterproof, non-drying so your lips get that added volume that lasts longer than any product I have ever tried. Infused with a rich vanilla scent which makes this truly irresistible! My friend Tyler gave this to me and I swear this is the best gloss on the market. Your lips will have that glamorous, sexy kissable look. Priced at $16 this one goes on and on.

Next on the list is glitter and this is no ordinary brand. Diamond Powder combines both the pearly iridescence of Star Powder and the brightness of Glitter. It is almost entirely composed of pure synthetic mother-of-pearl and the feel is silky. The particles are finer and literally radiate extreme brilliance as soon as they are applied. They can also be mixed with liquid or a powdery texture, including foundations, makeup bases and lipsticks. For longer-lasting hold, Diamond Powder can be dabbed on with a brush over a creamy surface. With 15 colors such as Baby Pink, iridescent, white gold and Smoky you can create any kind of magical effect that has you ultra sparkling!

In a world that at times seems to have gone drab these products all add a spark and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: