Friday, December 7, 2007

S: Is for the gift of scent

Eighteen days left and my wish for today's gift under the tree is highly personal. There are so many perfumes out there. Angel by Theirry Mugler is the best selling perfume in the world and I admit until it became popular I was a fan. I also use to wear Opium and Sugar by Fresh. Women can normally tell you every perfume they have ever used. Most likely the end of the fragrance signifies a new stage of life. When we are children we are mystified by our mothers adorning themselves with whiffs. We know when we get there we too will be attractive. We too will attract our mates. Which brings me too.....


#18: A scent for just ourselves: I love "Smiley" the new perfume from France's Arthes group. The unisex fragrance is based on olfactory molecules theobromine and phenylethylamine that are known to trigger happiness. Developed by Firmenich, the scent itself is a fruity, spicy accord with bergamot and orange at the opening, and cocoa, praline and curaƧao at the heart of the fragrance. The dry-down features patchouli, myrrh and musk. I was given a bracelet which I still have on and have been periodically inhaling. Does it make me happy? That I can't answer. Have I been addicted to it's scent? Yes! I want to bury my nose in it and that to me is a product to buy. I am excited that it comes in bath tablets as well as rubbing friction that I can think of a variety of uses for it and am looking forward to experimentation. Suddenly I hear I see mommy kissing Santa Claus. Mistletoe a welcome adornment. Does that make me happy? Absolutely and that is definitely a F.A.C.T.

No comments: