Thursday, October 18, 2007

T: Is for Time Caught



There are people and things that shape our lives. Their images are etched into our souls like ever lasting lights that flicker at the oddest of moments. My mother was an artist so I grew up going to museums and galleries. Georgia O'keeffe was a friend as was Norman Rockwell. I could spot a Pablo Picasso or a Mary Cassatt instantaneously. When I was younger I use to balk at being so exposed to art. Swann Galleries has this amazing collection that continuously brings my past back to haunt me, if I let it or embrace it and move on. I choose the later. On Monday their collection of 19th and 20th Century Photographs was put on the auction block. Before it did so I spent time absorbing it's messages and lessons.




What girl has never wanted to be Marilyn? Her tragic life is embedded into how we thought of ourselves. Blonde's have more fun, so they say. Gentleman prefer blonde's. This classic picture is worth a thousand words.


Upon seeing this picture all I could think of was
E = mc2. Einstein for me has always stood for expanding one's mind and not taking things for granted. I have always been into quantum physics. To think that time is only what we see is what has always boggled my mind. It makes more sense that time happens at once and that our brains just have a hard time grasping that concept, but I guess everything is relative. Tonight were people who shape our worlds. Turn into tomorrow and see the things that have change our world. My hats off to Swann Galleries for having integrity and taste to continued expanding our minds. Seeing Picasso, Monroe and Einstein caught in a moment of time just makes me realize that it is a F.A.C.T. that even after death we live on. It doesn't matter if it is a photograph, a letter or the way we have touched someone life is a beautiful F.A.C.T.

No comments: