Monday, October 22, 2007

F: Is for Food to die for and a Dessert to wake you up

Last week when I wrote about 49 Grove Street I told you there was a delectable caterer, whose card I misplaced, well I found it. What assailed my tongue was Vietnamese summer rolls with a spicy peanut sauce, seared tuna with Wahhabi and ginger, tuna tartar with sesame seeds and cucumber, mini Cubano sandwiches, steamed vegetable shumai dumplings and a beef tenderloin with grufarette potato. My palate was in connoisseur heaven. The seared Tuna was so fresh that I thought I was eating the most exquisite of beefs. Normally I'll have one to taste but that night I can honestly say I was completely stuffed, and happily so. I was like a sated cat.
Cobblestone Foods, attention to detail, stellar personal service and the freshest of ingredients gives them a pristine edge in the culinary world. Imagine my delight when I learned they were headquartered with a store and restaurant in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. They also caterer events and private functions so if you are looking to awe at your Holiday Party search no further. Here is their information:
Cobblestone Foods
199 Court Street
Brooklyn
718-222-1661 www.cobblestonefoods.com
Now, how do you cleanse you palate in between those courses to savor the next item? How do you end a perfect meal? Wine Cellar Sorbet. The flavors: Three reds: a 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon from California, a 2005 Pinot Noir from New York and a non-vintage Sangria from Spain, Two whites: a a non-vintage Champagne from California and a 2004 Riesling from New York and one blush wine: a non-vintage Rosé from New York. this is definitely not a dessert you send you kid out for. As a matter of F.A.C.T. you have to be at least 21 for their alcohol, content is up to 5% by volume. Since wine changes with each passing season, so do their sorbets. Based on the vintages, varietals and viticulture regions from where the wines were produced. Therefore each flavor is truly unique and limited in availability. To learn more of this intriguing new desert log onto: www.winecellarsorbets.com. It is a F.A.C.T. that this new and soothing taste treat will be accompanying me to me a dinner party in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have used this caterer! Cobblestone Foods is really great...I agree! They made these beggars purses with caviar for our party and the presentation was amazing.

Suzanna Bowling said...

I'm glad you had a great experiance with them. I eat a lot of catered food when going to events and this was seriously the first one that I was blown away by. I normally don't eat fish but the seared tuna tasted like the freshest of beef that I am now hooked. Thank-you for your comment and for reading the column.