Monday, September 10, 2007

F: Is for Fashion Week.

God I love September and New York. Life explodes into an array of fashion, art, culture, theatre, TV and motion picture filming. For two years now I have represented American Express at the US Open and am the envy of my friends because I get to see tennis 24/7. Watching sports tends to bore me to tears unless I'm actively involved. So it was with excitement that I attended LIVEstyle's STYLE 360 presented by Henri Bendel, Nikon and Elle Magazine. I love the events at Bendel's because they are always done with an aplomb of artistic flair. Bendel's exclusively carries my favorite perfume "Smiley" which has me singing their praises. Highlighted was a candid photography exhibit that I will write about tomorrow as it deserves it's own page. Joyfully, I discovered one of my favorite places "The Chocolate Bar" had set up shop inside. If you want a tasty treat that is worth the calories, I recommend the chocolate rice crispy bar. They are to die for and at least you will die happy! Celebrities, designers and the fashionista's were all there for this exclusive "Launch Party" and to celebrate Bendel's 100th birthday of the famous brown and white stripe. Included was Nigel Barker of America's Next Top Model fame and Alicia Witt. Look for more on this iconic retail institution as they plan on celebrating a lot more and I will keep you informed of their exciting activities.

Acclaimed Romanian couture fashion designer Romanitza Claudia Iovan presented her latest dramatic collection in New York for the first time at the St. Regis Hotel. A former fashion model, Ms. Iovan launched her Romanitza fashion house in 1991. The label soon became one of the most successful in Romania. The exquisite quality and aristocratic air of her designs have earned her distinctive runway shows a special respect and recognition. Romanitza continues to build her brand in the fashion industry, presenting seasonal collections and taking part in television programs and fashion events, including Bucharest Fashion Week. Clothes may not make us who we are but they certainly are an art form and give us ways to express ourselves and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: