Wednesday, August 8, 2007

C: Is for Clubs that Captivate

Last week my friend Maria took me to meet a friend of hers who had opened a new club. She wanted me to try the food because it was a combination of African, French and Asian which she thought was completely unique. She was right and it turned out I discovered a jewel nestled in the heart of the east village. The east village to me was a place to buy crystals but other than that I wasn't interested. How prejudiced I was. This part of town is a mecca for health food, great buys, wonderful clothing, interesting people and the Buocarou Lounge. Boucarou lounge (64 East First Street) heightens the senses with its alluring décor and comfortable setting. It is perfect for a late night meal and entertainment as the kitchen stays open till 2am. I can not tell you how many times I have just been completely busy through out my day and at around 12 realize I am starving and wanted a meal, not a snack but something amazing to satisfy. Its exotic menu does just that and more. It leaves you with a fresh energy to enjoy your night. The Tunapica $14 is the best Tuna tartar I have had in a long time. Fresh, it melts in your mouth with black currents, almonds and an array of spices that keep it interesting yet simple. Malik’s Mafe: Senegalese Peanut Butter Lamb Stew, Yams, Potatoes and Mixed Vegetable
$18 is the restaurants signature meal. Though better left for a fall night this dish is warm, filling and leaves you completely satisfied. Boucarou is a nightclub with a sophisticated yet relaxed vibe, a complete menu, a true dance floor and with the capacity for film screen projection which makes this the place to visit next and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: