Thursday, April 26, 2007

T: Is for Healing Humanity

My column today is about items I have found that bring about a healing. In healing ones self you must first be prepared mentally. But what do you do when you can't put your finger on whats wrong? Our bodies are like a barometer for what we can or can not face. Louise L. Hay's book "You Can Heal Your Life" has been my bible since I discovered it in the 90's. The back of the book has an index of symptoms and thought patterns that cause distress. If you can be honest with yourself you'll see that this book can be one of the best tools one can have. Maybe that's why it reached the New York Times bestseller list and remained there for 12 consecutive weeks. More than 30 million copies of "You Can Heal Your Life" have been sold throughout the world. What we think about ourselves becomes truth and becomes embedded in our DNA.
We create situations, and then we give our power away by blaming other people for our frustration and our bodies pay the price. The Universe totally supports us in every thought we choose to think and believe. The Universe does not judge us. I can state that with true knowledge. I have died three times and all three times what I learned is how much we are loved. Louise heads Hay House, a successful publishing company whose authors include many notables in the self-help movement. Her organizations include "The Hay Foundation" and the "Louise L. Hay Charitable Fund" two nonprofits that support many diverse organizations, including dealing with AIDS, battered women, and other challenged individuals in our society. This book will change your life for the better if you truly want it!

I have found a new thirst quenching product and what makes it so wonderful is that it is filled with antioxidants. Antioxidants help to fight free radicals from doing their damage, therefore lending a hand to stopping disease. I started with Pomegranate Peach Passion White Tea and have become passionate about peaches. If you have never had a Georgia peach this drink will leave you craving one. They come in their very own keepsake glass which reminded me of my friend's Grandmother, who made her own strawberry jam. POM Wonderful, LLC is a privately held company which also manufactures pomegranate juice blended with blueberry, cherry, mango, or tangerine and comes in variety of sizes. If you have heard of Teleflora or FIJI Water, and until 2006 Franklin Mint it is the same company. Although POM wonderful does not disclose its profits, Newsweek magazine reported annual sales of its juice have risen from $12 million in 2003 to $91 million in 2006. If you haven't discovered this wonderful way to stay healthy I suggest the next time your thirsty to grab the first one you see and drink your way to health.

Last night I was at an event at Bendel's and as always I tried to discover what is unique that I can share. Their was this girl in a nurses uniform asking me to try a new perfume. Now normally I would say no as I am allergic to certain combinations of scents. When she mentioned "Happy Therapy" and aromatherapy I was willing to except a tester. I love "Smiley" the new perfume from France's Arthes group. The unisex fragrance is based on olfactory molecules theobromine and phenylethylamine that are known to trigger happiness. Developed by Firmenich, the scent itself is a fruity, spicy accord with bergamot and orange at the opening, and cocoa, praline and curaƧao at the heart of the fragrance. The dry-down features patchouli, myrrh and musk. I was given a bracelet which I still have on and have been periodically inhaling. Does it make me happy? That I can't answer. Have I been addicted to it's scent? Yes! I want to bury my nose in it and that to me is a product to buy. I am excited that it comes in bath tablets as well as rubbing friction that I can think of a variety of uses for it and am looking forward to experimentation. Does that make me happy? Absolutely and that is definitely a F.A.C.T.

No comments: