Thursday, March 1, 2007

T: Is for pampering at the Townhouse

My favorite way to pamper myself is a good manicure and pedicure When I need a pick me up or have had a bad day or just want to celebrate, this is my idea of nirvana. I have turned many a person into an addict. A spa to me should not be a luxury but a way of life. It is the most calming way to ease stress, pick yourself up and feel like a new person. I could never understand therapy when you can have someone luxuriating over your body and come out looking terrific. Call me superficial but nothing makes you feel better than looking your best and not trying. So you can imagine my delight when I was invited to an event that brought a tropical spa to Manhattan on a snowy winter night. I stepped up to 39 West 56th a 6,000 square foot 3 story townhouse located between 5th and 6th. Could this be the place? The doors were opened and a paradise awaited me. Owned by the famed Acqua Beauty Bar a place I already considered heaven for its use of Eastern philosophy of healing Townhouse Spa offers a more extensive and serene environment. On the first floor as you walk past the waiting area a bar of holistic food and aromatic drinks await. The green tea elixir is meant to detoxify while energizing your system. Once nourished a state of the art manicure pedicure room beckons. For the 1st time my manicure lasted longer than a week and when they had finished my hands felt softer than they ever had. Making my way to the second floor is a male haven in which women are invited to attend. Complete with a barber for hair and facial maintenance, scalp massages, shoe shines, manicures, pedicures and mini-facial. There's even a steam room with a waterfall. Keeping a Man's serenity in mind there are over sized leather couches an XBOX and plasma TV to keep an eye on the score. On the bottom floor is the Women’s area. The most interesting portion of this visit was a new state of the art “Spa Oceana” or “Peace in a Pod”: This space age all-in-one treatment includes a 53-gallon personal hydrobath with over 20 massage jets operating simultaneously with Vichy water. A charka digital LED lighting system will put your soul in alignment while offering a combination of radiant heat and steam finishing with a cooling mist, which can be infused with vitamins, natural essential oils and herbal aromas. This was the one thing I haven’t tried and I am so looking forward to cooconing myself. I did however have a facial with a product called aqua-collagen gel by Dr. CI: Labo. This product was in my gift bag and I can tell you now I will never be without it. This moisturizes your skin while leaving it looking younger, toned and glowing. Since using it I have gotten more complements on my skin then ever before. I have never been so blessed as to discover a product that does so much. I highly recommend it. To finish off my experience at Townhouse I visited the Phoenix Suite with a working fireplace, LCD TVs, desks equipped with phone and Internet access, massage beds, private shower and dining menu service. This is the perfect getaway or gathering place. In a world that rushing is a state of mind Townhouse makes it a F.A.C.T. that a little pampering makes for a blissful soul.

No comments: