Friday, January 26, 2007

S: Is for Global Warming




We live in a World where Global Warming isn’t just a threat but a reality. “An Inconvenient Truth” as stated by Al Gore. How can you doubt the reality when our winter didn’t even start till January? The Mid-West and Europe are being pounded as I write by killer ice storms and torrential floods. When will we open our eyes? A week after I saw the film an ice shelf the size of 11,000 football fields snapped free from Canada's Arctic Shelf. 10 years ago scientists assumed that when global warming occurred it would be gradual but the truth is, that it is happening at an accelerated rate. We are crossing climatic thresholds, and it is signaling change ahead. Our scientists are trying to tell us El Nino is to blame. According to NOAA this just is not true. Here’s the link to read and decide for your selves. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
From “An Inconvenient Truth” I learned that Al Gore is thoughtful, intelligent, passionate, relaxed, inspiring and funny. Hey any friend of Carl Sagan has my vote. I wish I had known before. I didn’t! The critic’s state this film is a political rally for Gore because he goes over the lost election. I disagree! In watching this film I can unfortunately say the reason he wasn’t elected were all the reasons I like him. Had he been our president he would of put the corporations on notice and in this country that just won’t do. I wish to God I had voted that year but I was so feed up with the lies I didn’t vote at all. Who knew a politician could put humanity in the forefront. Thank-you Al Gore for at least letting me know it exists.
There is hope if only we’d wake up, stopped being frightened and start to prepare. Go see “An Inconvenient Truth” learn what is happening. Read and sign petitions such as http://www.thebreakthrough.org/files/GWPreparedness.pdf. Prepare your home with a supply of fresh water, canned goods and things to get you by in case. This isn’t a doomsday article but one of knowledge. Don’t be caught off guard in the face of staggering and foreseeable human tragedies. Some times the F.A.C.T.S are hard to face.

No comments: