Wednesday, January 24, 2007

C: Is for Glass


I was invited to attend a party at Glass located next to the Marquee at 287 10th Avenue. From the begining things went wrong. The people at the door instead of being welcoming could of use some class. When the guest gave their names they acted like it was a huge inconvenience to find them. I watched as this happened several times before I experianced it myself. Once inside you are struck with the coldness of space age décor. The seats are constructed out of a shinny smooth plastic type material, over sized so if you are wearing anything but jeans you slid right off. Which makes for an interesting ride considering my feet and those around me did not reach the floor. The most unique part is the bamboo garden but the weather was cold and it’s a smoker’s paradise. My experience was so bad that I came back to check it out a second time especially after checking out their web site www.glassloungenyc.com . I add it because we were charged $14 for a martini $10 for a rum and coke and $8 for beer yet according to the website we were overcharged. Also on the website is a dress code which is subject to the doors discretion. My friend David was on the guest list twice (my friend Laura and I both RSVP'd for him). David is a film producer, writer and director. His film “My Brother” won the Florida Film festival, is currently showing at Sundance and will be opening at selected theaters March 16. This movie is a wonderful coming of age film Staring Vanessa Williams. Check out www.mybrotherthemovie.com. This is someone you would think they'd let in, right. Wrong! They didn't stating a dress code. Maybe he wasn’t outer space enough! F.A.C.T or fiction?

No comments: