Friday, June 12, 2009

S: IS FOR SAVING A LIFE... A DOGS LIFE













The recession is causing people to lose more than just their homes and it is causing families to break apart. Sometimes that family is a beloved pet. This column is dedicated to helping one of these heartaches out.

It breaks my heart to write this, but as many of you might already know, I need to find Oliver and Sophie a new home. Oliver is a 25lb, 6 year old American Eskimo with a bright and fun personality; Sophie is a 37lb, terrier/lab mix and just the sweetest, calmest girl you will ever know! I recently had to move to a small apartment and am not allowed to keep them there. The landlady is understanding of the fact that I am trying to find them a new family, but I’m not certain how much longer I have to find them a new home. This decision is completely breaking my heart but these two have so much love to give, I have to be fair to them and find them a new human to share their happiness with. They have been together since puppies and Sophie just could not exist without her big brother Oliver, nor him without her, so it is important that they find a new home where they can be together. Sophie and Oliver have been a HUGE part of my life for the last 6 years and I desperately need to find them a new human that will care and love them just as they have loved me. Of course I would love to find a local family that would allow me to keep in touch and see how they are doing, but as long as they find a loving home that will keep them together, I will be thankful. This is the hardest decision I have had to make, but they are such wonderful and loving dogs, I can’t imagine their new human not adoring them like I do. Both are up to date on shots (I can provide their records) and are registered; they are well trained and obedient. Their favorite activity is cuddling and napping with their human and although they play well together inside, a nice yard to run around in is high on their “wish” list. They also ADORE car rides and are great with kids. My family has other dogs and they all play wonderfully together. I appreciate you forwarding this message on and thank you in advance for your help in finding Oliver & Sophie a new family! Please contact me at (609) 847-5443 or AnaCarv7@comcast.net if you, or anyone you know is willing to love my two sweethearts.

Maybe we can help out and make this rescue a F.A.C.T.

No comments: