Monday, January 5, 2009

F: Is for Fashion "Inspired" by Mariska

For the next couple of days I am at the Javit's Center, where new clothing lines, shoes and accessories make their debut. There is a lot to be seen. It starts to look all the same, so when lines are to die for, they simply pop out. The first to hit me was "Inspired" a new line of t-shirts from actress Mariska Hargitay of NBC's Law and Order:Special Victims Unit. These tee shirts invite you to wear them. Soft and cozy, they are embellished with applique and embroidery to empower the women who wear them.The phrases are simple but powerful. I believe women should walk proudly as they make their way to living, loving and helping others. These tees are just the thing to wear on that journey. They are all 100% cotton and Mariska donates a portion of all t-shirt sales to the Joyful Heart Foundation, an organization that works hand in hand with rape crisis centres and counselors in New York.

I've had the chance to work with Mariska, so I was excited to discover this line. Available in specialty stores in Canada, she is launching the line this Spring to the US. Mariska's tee shirts are perfectly in tune with who she is. She inspires women world wide who because of her start other organizations. I found this quote from a young blogger. "I am most inspired by Mariska Hargitay, one of the stars of Law and Order: SVU. It's not just a show for her because in her own life she runs a foundation to help women who have been raped, to help them move on and not feel alone and she's a phone counselor for them. I want to make a difference in the lives of others like that and I hope that one day I will be an inspiration to others."

To see more of this collection and learn more about the Joyful Heart Foundation log onto http://www.mariska.com.

Mariska, you rock and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: