Friday, October 17, 2008

S: Is for Succulent Pampering!

Spa week is coming to a closes so of course I had to indulge. Recently it seems that Dashing Diva stores are popping up all over the place so my curiosity was peeked. Plush and designed for comfort, Dashing Diva calls for the girl in all of us to indulge. I settled on the Fall special the "Autumn Harvest Enzymatic pedicure. Comfortably seated like a queen I was offered coffee brown rice green tea or water with lemon. I opted for the tea which was soothing. The tub was filled with jelly, rose petals and lavender. When your submerge your tootsies, like a day at the beach. The you are lavishly worked on as you toes are shaped and callouses soaked off. I am a big razor fan as I develop lots of calluses, so I was a little apprehensive when I was told they don't use them, but I was here to enjoy. As my legs and feet were scrubbed with an Autumn Berry Buff I felt the tension of the day melt away and I started to really relax. Next a pumpkin mask that smelled heavenly. After the mask my feet and hands were enveloped in baggies full of warm wax. Word of warning do not get this wax on your clothes as it will stain them. When the wax molds cool, your skin feels renewed and you are lightly massaged in a orange spice lotion. Then painted. Dashing Diva has their own brand of nail polishes, over 150 but my one complaint to Dashing Diva is get another brand. This brand smears and peels within days if not hours. Diva offers a variety of “diva” manicures and pedicures, facials, waxings and mini massages. The nail spa even offers a signature service, virtual nails, that is a fun way to have nails for an event and still go back to playing the piano. No filing, no damage and better yet done in record time. Like all good Diva this one offers some great ways to become addicted. On a Thursday and Friday evening “Girls Night Out”, offers Cosmo’s to help you unwind. On Saturday mornings helping with those hang over blues, a light contenential breakfast before noon. For the diva's in training (8 and under) their are services for you too. Wondering where to throw your next birthday here is a hint ;). The best thing about Dashing Diva is their commitment to cleanliness. On your first visit you must purchase your own nail file, buffer and cuticle pusher and every piece of equipment is sterilized to make sure you are kept safe. It has now been 3 days since I had my treatment and my legs are smoother and younger looking, my feet have yet to have developed another callus (I do believe in miracles) and I now know what a Diva feels like.

And for those diva's who love shopping Shecky's national shopping party/event's last day is today. So hurry on down to the Puck building. Jewelry, purses, clothing, accessory, etc. designers are available at a discounted rates. For $10 you also get Chambord, Finlandia, Bacardi, Heinken, Bud and my personal favorite Borba skin balancing water with no calories and great
taste. For $30 you also get a gift bag with over $100 worth of product. Next week features some of the great products I discovered.

No comments: