Monday, September 29, 2008

F: Is for Fabulous!

I was invited to a preview, introducing the new products by Lush. Now except for the F.A.C.T that one of their New York stores is near where I live and my landlord uses the product, I knew nothing except this was a premire line of bath and body products. What I didn't know was that I would fall and love and want to rant and rave about why. I very rarely use products with soap as my skin is highly allergic. I end up taking and bath and wanting to claw my skin off afterwards. At the unveiling I tried the products and was surprised at how soft I felt. I was given several products to try and as I do each one has me singing their praises just a little louder and higher. I am dedicating several columns to this product and you will see why as I go along.

First: This is a green company. This is enough for one whole column, so more later.

Second: The product is 99% natural and the 1% is to keep the products fresh in the bottles.

Third: I use to think the only way to cheer myself up when I was blue was a manny/peddy. I was wrong Lush far surpasses that.

The same night I also attended the opening of a Haunted House. By the time I got home I was tense and achy. I came home to find out my building was also turning the water off the next day until God knows when so I thought .........lets try this product. So I ran a bath and dropped in a Vanilla Fountain bath bomb. Within seconds the room was steaming in delicious vanilla crème brûlée scent that was aromatherapy heaven. I was so loathe to get out of this amazing sensation that it took until the water got cold to move me to the next sensations. The comforting vanilla scent comes from natural vanilla with a touch of restful sandalwood and a note of burnt caramel. For$5.95 this bath bomb was still going even though the water was done. Even after the shower my skin was soft and tinged with a scent that was lightly reaching my noes in bliss.

I followed this up with a shower and used their Ibiza shampoo. Pimento berry and the hint of lemon and grapefruit again had me in an ecstasy of scents. My hair is to my shoulders and there is a lot of it. Shampooing normally takes a lot of product and my hair needs a great conditioner to untangle the mess. Even without the conditioner my hair felt silky and manageable. Next a conditioner that I was loathe to open. Okra which is the name just does not sound appealing. Oh how wrong I was. This spicy vegetable combined with nettles, grapes, vinegar and rosemary oil add a fresh herbal fragrance, this is one strong conditioner.

This whole experience had me falling asleep easier, with heavenly smells and luscious dreams. After blow drying, my hair was soft, full and in the best shape I have ever seen it. At first I thought this was all in my head but the next day I got more compliments on my hair than ever before. I went to an opening and ever one I hugged commented on how good I smelled and this was 12 hours later. If everyone used Lush the world would be in bliss and smell heavenly and that is a wonderful F.A.C.T.

No comments: