Thursday, May 24, 2007

T: Is for the abundance of chocolate

I have written about my chocolate downfall before and New York City definitely indulges that delight. If your a girl you become possessed once a month. If they are smart, the men who love you, find ways to satisfy that animalistic craving. I personally grin with a Cheshire type smile when sated by a scrumptious treat. Tom and I went to the Papieridoll event and we left rather hungry. Tom asked me if I wanted to go to the Chocolate Bar. Thinking he meant the 2 for 1 Martini's at Chocolate by the Bald Man which we were no where near I was rather irritated thinking he was taunting me because it was that once a month obsession time. He lead me into the village to this hole in the wall place. What I mean is that had you not know this was there, you would pass right by. The Chocolate Bar is retro in design and heavenly by sight. My vision was assaulted with delights that made me sigh in anticipation. More than chocolate I love caramel, and there were an assortment in jars. I had a Kahlua one which was a moutwateringly oasis of taste. Then I had a chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treat that was sinfully amazing. I kept sighing as Tom feasted on a truffle of raspberry and coconut. I definitely had the better choices, not that his wasn't good. Mine was Fabulous and had me purring. So of course I shared. We ended with a raspberry peach ice tea and a iced coffee. Alison Nelson is the owner of this decadent delight located at 48 8th Avenue or mail ordered from www.chocolatebarnyc.com. Can you believe it, they have chocolate tea and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: