Monday, May 14, 2007

F: Is for a find in the heart of New York

My friend Launa Eddy has just produced her 1st TV pilot staring comedian Elliot Chang. Who by the way was very funny. She invited me to attend the taping which of course I did. Her after party was at Latitude located at 783 8th Ave (btwn 47th & 48th). When Launa sent me the invite I was excited because I went to Latitude's website and thought ahh, there might be an article here. I was right there was. Latitude is a multi level tastefully designed venue that has something to offer on every floor. On the 1st floor you can sip on a delightfully creative cocktails at a 36ft bar or dine on a menu aimed to please everyone. The atmosphere was designed with comfort in mind as you can relax at a table or booth by a fireplace. Though I am glad winter is over it had me longing for a snowy night to do just that. The 2nd floor has a red vintage style billiards room, with classic furniture that also offers a fireplace and room to move. Across the way is a wooden based Mardi-Gras bar, with 10ft windows that look out onto 8th Ave. If you are looking for more exclusive atmosphere, the 3rd floor offers an Executive Lounge. Cooling and understated in its green/blue decor, this VIP lounge warms you with its beautiful lighting. There are 20 plasma flatscreen TVs making Latitude a perfect spot to catch a game. I have heard rumors of a seasonal rooftop terrace with a full bar which offers a terrific view of the New York City skyline. If that is true count me there on a balmy summer night. Just to tempt you they have 75¢ Wings (75¢ per wing, minimum 6 per order)Available with Honey BBQ sauce or Classic Buffalo (hot or mild) served with celery, carrots and homemade Blue Cheese dressing. I had them and they were juicy and succulent. Yum, is definitely the right word. I am looking forward to trying Spedino $7 Fresh mozzarella on bread, dipped in batter, lightly fried with a light white wine and caper sauce. For those of you looking for reasonable fare prior to a matinee or evening performance (They are right in the heart of the theater district) here are some items I found of interest.
Pulled Pork Sandwich $11
Slow roasted pork served on a fresh roll with a chipotle mayo & beer battered onion rings
Veggie Burger $8
Tuna Burger $12
Marinated freshly diced tuna burger with roasted red pepper aioli on a fresh roll
Pasta de Gallo $11
w/ grilled chicken $14 w/ shrimp $16
Linguine with roasted corn, pico de gallo & fire roasted peppers tossed in olive oil, fresh herbs & cracked pepper

If you are looking for a drink or a place to hang, check out these happy hour specials:

Tuesdays: Service Industry Night. Happy Hour until 9:00pm. ALL drinks half off between 9:00pm - 2:00am
Wednesday: "Treat Yourself" to Girls Night Out. All ladies drink $3.50 Coors Light and half price selected martinis from 7-11pm.

Happy Hour until 7:00pm starting May 22, 2007 which means $3.50 Coors Light and Miller Lite bottle and draft; Half Price Mojitos, Margaritas, and Select Martinis.

I loved discovering this newest venue especially when I saw that Latitude wants to be involved in your next charity event. They helped raise funding for Children, Cancer, Nature and "A Claire to Remember" helping to promote self-esteem and positive body image.

Thank-you Launa for introducing me to Latitude and allowing me to share it with you and that is a delicious F.A.C.T.

No comments: