Monday, February 5, 2007

F: Is for Frederick's and mouth watering delights


Fredericks scrumptious melt in your mouth food has the Lesort brothers deserving another write-up. Nestled among the trendy boutiques at 768 Madison a feeling of spaciousness still abounds.
I sat in one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in. Adorning the walls are the worlds top visual photographs each one signed. Every detail is optimized for a truly wonderful dinning experience. I started with a signature dish of fresh Tuna Tartar in a spicy avocado and ginger glaze and roasted peach in a balsamic demi-glaze with melt in you mouth prosciutto and monchego cheese. A salad with fresh baby spinach, white beets and ricotta followed. The main course was a Herbed Ricotta Ravioli served in a browned butter sauce and Sauted Sea Scallops in a roasted cauliflower and raisin emulsion. Not only were they a vision but they invade and tantalize all 5 senses. The service though attentive was not intrusive with personal touches reaching even the simplest of items. Coffee comes with steamed milk and lumps of brown sugar artfully arranged. The head chef extraordinaire is Vincent Chirica whose model looks and integrity show in all the carefully designed plates that grace the 4 venues that the Lesort’s own. He is the creator of this sensual assault. A visionary with a mature and uncomplicated creativity he bases his dishes on the seasonal vegetables. If you want to deviate from the menu it is Vincent himself who will come to the table to make sure your wishes are carried out. Would you like have Vincent prepare a culinary delight for 2. E-Mail me and tell me your most romantic restaurant moment. You have till February 13th to win and that's a F.A.C.T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most romantic restaurant moment?? Easy! Fifteen years ago the man I was dating liked to take me to "Grandpa's" on Bleeker Street. If you don't remember this place, it was an excellent, friendly, comfortable Italian restaurant. It was owned by Al Lewis, better known as Grandpa from "The Munsters", the classic TV show - and he could usually be found on the premises, chatting with patrons. One night my boyfriend insisted that we go there for dinner, but I did not want to go -I had a disgusting cold and I was dripping, sneezing and coughing to beat the band. I also looked crappy. My boyfriend took me to Grandpa's that night and I could hardly eat because I felt so awful. Right before we ordered he leaned over and asked me to marry him!!! I burst into tears and said, "How can you ask me to marry you when I'm sick and look so awful?" But apparently I looked good to him anyway! I accepted and we've been married for 15 years!!
-Heather
grf718@aol.com