Wednesday, January 31, 2007

C: Is for Fredericks





Receiving approximately 13-15 invites to new clubs and events per week they blend into a never-ending menagerie of faces and you begin to wonder is anything ever really new? My passion was dissipating and I felt like a blur on a carousel of what was expected. Across the electric waves came an invite I choose to accept. My friend Marisa loves clubs and it was her birthday and here was one I’d never heard of. Deja a gentle giant who did something rare greeted us at 8 West 58th. He treated everyone with respect despite a crowd clamoring to get in. Descending to the inner sanctum the spaciousness surrounds you yet I found out it was packed to its full capacity of 350. The pulsating rhythms spun bodies locking together on the dance floor. The eclectic on lookers lounged sipping cocktails that left their pockets still full. I suggest the Passion Martini! Surprisingly conversation ensued with out taxed vocal cords. Four separate sections of intimate encounters mix with the gathering of women scantily clad in strappy high heels. On any given night you could be mingling with Cameron Diaz, Hugh Hefner, Marc Jacobs or Sarah Furguson. Uma Thurman had her star-studded birthday party there last year.

Frederick’s I discovered is also a membership club with a private backroom. The cost is moderate yet the level of comfort and elegance is not. Thanks to my hosts Desta and Laura Rubin I had the pleasure of meeting the extremely good-looking Frederick Lesort half of the brother team who owns Frederick’s. Serving with a smile (yes this does exist) the busboys circulated with mouth-watering treats. I had the cubed short ribs and Marisa had the gougenettes of Skate.Look for another write up on their chef and menu's at a later time.

Laurent and Frederick just sent me this invite for Superbowl Sunday. Their private events are spectacular so I am sharing it with you. I will be at David's for his annual Bash but I can assure you I will be back and that's a F.A.C.T.

No comments: