Saturday, November 14, 2009

T: Is for taking the high road

I may not have wanted Sen. John McCain as president but I admire his always taking the high road. When he lost the presidency his concession speech was one of the best I ever heard and I was impressed. Now Sen. McCain has received a signed copy of Sarah Palin's new memoir "Going Rogue." It seem the obnoxious Ms. Palin sent him a signed copy yesterday. His statement, I will read it with interest." The book according to most contains a great deal of score-settling aimed at former McCain campaign aides, yet the senator stressed that he was "proud and honored" to have had Palin as his running mate. Ms. Palin that was McCain's down fall. One of the reasons I voted for President Obama was because I didn't want Ms. Palin anywhere near making decisions that would effect my life. McCain went on to say: "One of the things about campaigns that lose, there's always mistakes made and the campaign that wins is always the perfect campaign," he said. "I'm proud of the campaign we ran. I'm proud of Sarah Palin and we continue to have a great and wonderful relationship. So, I'm very proud of the campaign we ran and I have moved forward." He has also finally responded to the question: Can Palin be a viable presidential candidate herself in 2012? "Sure," he said. "I think there are a number of viable candidates out there. I think that Sarah Palin is obviously one of them and we'll start through the process in about a year or so of selecting our nominee, but I think she's a very strong force in the Republican Party. I can't predict who's gonna get the nomination but I certainly think she would be competitive."

All I can say is, with this book and her obvious lack of propriety, who the hell would want her as president. I for one do not and that is a F.A.C.T. that will never change!

No comments: