Thursday, September 25, 2008

T: Is for Terror!

I love holidays, and the chance to celebrate them in any way possible has me elated. Last night was the unveiling of one of NYC’s haunted houses - Blood Manor. I use to thrill at the scare factor, but as I am older, I didn't think it would WOW me anymore. I was wrong! From the first moment our group was led in, I was screaming and holding onto my friend for comfort. What a shame it wasn't a guy I had the hots for! What a perfect excuse to get closer. Maybe I was screaming because I was first in the line. To remedy that I put myself 2nd to last. Nope still screamed. This place is a labyrinth of dark halls, twists, turns, and unimaginable horrors that will leave your ears ringing from the gut wrenching screams that you won’t even realize belong to you! 12 rooms of terror and a 3-d maze await in this 5,000 square feet of fear. I loved the bloody meat locker that had you rallying with pig bodies like a macab bumper car ride. The make-up was so realistic that it was sometimes hard to tell who was real and ready to scare the sh-t out of you. Hats off to the actors who were completely in character. The coolest effect however is the 3D section, that is just brilliantly done. It was like a psychodelic acid trip. I was so intrigued with the effect that more scream ensued as I was completely taken by surprise. Formerly located in Glen Cove, Long Island, this terror came to Manhattan two years ago. Located at the trendy club "Home" this nightmare is the perfect diversion to get your mind off the wall street crises. Just ask Freddie, he's there and can concur with his razor sharp wit. Until November 1st you can and will encounter ghouls, monsters, demons, and the undead, trying get inside your psyche. Blood Manor is not recommended for children under 14 years of age and is certainly not appropriate for young children. The good news is they will not touch you unless you touch first, which will get you thrown out, but they will breathe creepily on your neck. Don't let that calm you into thinking this isn't scary. I rate this 13 screams and that is a F.A.C.T.

Sundays & Thursdays: 7:30pm - 12am
Fridays & Saturdays: 7:30pm - 2am
Tuesday, Oct 28: 7:30pm - 1am
Wednesday, Oct. 29: 7:30pm - 1am
Thursday, Oct.30: 7:30pm - 1am

Admission: Between $23-$30

No comments: