Wednesday, July 23, 2008

C: Is for Cards, Clothing and Creativity!

Yesterday I headed over to LENY hoping to get my rock and roll, goth, fetish fixation on. I was in search of corsets, thigh high boots and wide belts that are more suited to bondage than comfort. While I found little of what I wanted, I did make some great discoveries. I wanted to be shocked, inspired and have my dark side brought to the forefront after all this was really my first adventure since my fall at Duane Reade. I had limited myself to a one hour, two at the most outing because I am seriously going stir crazy. Unfortunately I only needed the one hour. Most of the items were repetitive and few items made me sit up and take notice. The first was No Monet whose booth was filled with graveyards, skulls, fairies and Tarot Cards! Colors of the Four Seasons was created with the temperature and mood of each season in mind to make a beautiful art deck of playing cards. Hearts represent autumn, diamonds:winter, spades: spring, and clubs: summer. My favorite deck was The Artist's Inner Vision, an incredible collaboration of 26 amazing artists, each creating the lovely and expressive art of three unique tarot cards as well as stamp designs which decorate the book of explanations. This deck is a multimedia approach to each artist's relationship and "inner vision" of their respective cards. Each card tells a story visually to help make it's meaning clearer to a novice. To see more of these log in at www.nomonet.com

Tripp fashions was cute and deadly with their black skirt with white stitching, pleats, faux pocket flaps with Skull Kitty Cat patches and removable straps. They also had a mens black velvet bondage coat that was seriously sexy. Western Fashion Inc had corsets and capes that were interesting but it was Funhouse's fashions that were exceptional in the Goth category but they only sell at trade shows and the owner is completely rude which makes you not want to buy! There was a time that Funhouse had a NYC store and I bought a lot of items, thank-God the store had the coolest of all employees. But of all the clothing that stood out it was the sexy 1950's look of Stop Starring. Looking like Betty Grable or Dita Von Tease, will have you retro chic and turning heads.

Last but not least and my favorite find was a company called Master and Mistress that has a complete line of pheromone products. For those of you who don't know, pheromones are chemicals we all produce that send out subconscious triggers to attract the opposite sex and can elicit powerful sexual responses. This company has a lip version so you can kiss you way into an aroused state. They also have a both a master and a mistress version of a roll on oil as well as a pheromone enhanced lubricant. Now with all these chemicals released, image the interesting play. Go to thier website and read the story of the master and his mistress this whole site is a sexual fantasy http://mastermistress.com

Amazing finds can be found if you only look and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: