Monday, November 5, 2007

F: Is for finding the joy in your friendships

Friendships are a gift from the universe that expand our lives and make us grow. Sometimes people come into our lives to help us and sometimes it is so we can help them. It isn't till the end that we find out the truth of why somebody was in our lives and why we were in theirs. I have always been blessed to have a diverse group of friends. They have gotten me through many harsh and trying situations and have always been there for me unconditionally. I am not always the best friend but I am a loyal one. Friendship is like a garden you have to tend it, water it, feed it and prune it and when the seasons have passed you see the fruit of your labor and realize it was tending you. I give you famous quotes to ponder. May you be blessed by the friendships in your lives.

"In good times, in bad times I'll be on your side forever more, that's what friends are for."
- "That's what friends are for"

"I get by with a little help from my friends."
- John Lennon

"At the shrine of friendship Never say die, Let the wine of friendship never run dry." - Les Misérables

"Let's make a resolution. I'll drink to that. Let's always stay friends. Friendship is thicker than blood...That depends...Depends on trust. Depends on true devotion. Depends on love. Depends on not denying emotion..."
-Rent -

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie "Six Degrees of Separation"

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."
- Jerome Cummings

"A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails."
- Unknown

"Some people come into our lives,
leave footprints on our hearts,
and we are never the same."
- Unknown

"Each friend represents a world in us,
a world possibly not born until they arrive,
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anaïs Nin

"I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow."
-Cher

"It's the friends you can call up at 4am that matter."
- Marlene Dietrich

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa

"Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity."
- Kahil Gibran

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
- Ludwig van Beethoven

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

It is a F.A.C.T. we are in a time of connection, which is odd considering all the mis-communications. We all have faults, idiosyncrasies and flaws that make us unique, special....human. Let us cherish and learn from all those that cross our paths.

No comments: