Thursday, August 23, 2007

C: Is for Calamity

Just when I thought my computer was fine the virus re-opened. A friend just sent me the following notice: Recently, the FBI warned about electronic greeting card scams. In the latest version, the recipient receives a message with the subject pertaining to a greeting card, such as "You have received a Hallmark E-Card!”. The message has a link to view the e-card but this is a link to malicious software such as a virus or Trojan and should NOT be clicked. The message is very deceiving as its looks legitimate. It should be noted that there may also be variations of this message. Please be extremely cautious of any e-mail described as an e-card. This is a new variant of the spam greeting card scam and FrontBridge/Microsoft Hosted Services have been notified about this variant. If you receive any message such as the ones above, you can report them by forwarding the message as an attachment to a new message and mail to: abuse@global.sprint.com

If someone is reading this and understands the mentality of why someone would do this, Please pass it on and I will write about it. If you are one of those people, do you understand the damage you do to people you do not even know? I did a focus group tonight trying to promote Microsoft and I have to tell you, I am not impressed. I want a Apple. Pass me a MAC and I will be happy to learn a new system if it keeps people who use viruses to prove how smart they are, that damage lives and careers, and do God knows what else away. Or at least at bay. Right now I have to use a friends computer because I can not get my computer to log onto the net. My format of communication has severely been compromised and I don't even know why. We live in a day and age where "Big Brother" is trying to infiltrate our lives but shouldn't they do it where when something happens you can complain? I found out tonight that Microsoft releases programs that aren't even tested, or if they are at only a 20% rate. How smart is that. Microsoft is bringing their technology to the new Nokia phones but if computers can be compromised by a virus what's to stop hackers from getting your phone number and running amuck. We live in a world where electronics are our way and means of so many things. Security should be technology's number one concern and that is a F.A.C.T.

No comments: